How to install a one piece faucet with sprayer
If you don't know about how to install a one piece faucet with sprayer and thinking about getting a new Faucet for your kitchen, then the best option would be to go for one which comes with a sprayer. A faucet sprayer will help in rinsing and cleaning of the utensils while at the same time allowing you to use it for other purposes like cleaning the kitchen area and filling a bucket with water, read reviews at home guys. You can also control the pressure on the sprayer and ensure that you don’t end up drenching the whole kitchen area, which makes it a perfect solution for all your kitchen problems. But how to install one at your home?
Just follow these simple steps and install your own one piece Faucet with Sprayer in just a few minutes.
- 1 Top Needed
- 2 Process
- 2.1 1. Shut off the Water-
- 2.2 2. Apply a thick layer of caulk-
- 2.3 3. Install a faucet-
- 2.4 4. Connect the supply tubes-
- 2.5 Now, take all the supply tubes, including the connections for the sprayer, and attach it to the faucet through the edge. Ensure that these are tight connections else, water might leak through the side. Also, make sure that the hose which is connected to the sprayer is long enough to reach the supply pipes.
- 2.6 5. Keep your sprayer ready-
- 2.7 Make sure that your sprayer is assembled correctly and that no part is missing. Attach the sprayer head to the hose and then fit the sprayer hose through the faucet hole and thread it before you screw it in place. Ensure that you put a layer of putty or caulk on the threads and then use a nut on the downside to secure the sprayer hose in place. Once completed, you can add the grommet to the sink and tighten it together by fixing the nut from below the sink.
- 2.8 6. Add the mounting nut-
- 2.9 You will need to tighten the grommet against the faucet with the help of a mounting nut to ensure that it is firm against the sink. Add a layer of caulk around the edges of the sink to keep it fixed in place. Then thread the sprayer through the hole and screw the nut down to fix it in place, screw the hose support to the wall and then attach the sprayer to this support.
- 2.10 7. Attach the hose-
- 2.11 Once the hose is added to the nut, you can pull it out and secure its joints and connections to ensure that the hose doesn’t move backward or forward. Your Faucet Sprayer is now ready for you to use.
- Faucet with Sprayer
- Supply Tubes
- Bucket and Towels
1. Shut off the Water-
This should be your first step whenever dealing with any faucet or pipe issue. Make sure you shut off the main water pipes and drain the water from all your taps. Disconnect the water supply and drain any residual water so that when you install your new faucet, you don’t end up getting drenched
2. Apply a thick layer of caulk-
Now it is time to apply a layer of caulk around the edge of the hole where your faucet will go and on the connections which will be used. This is done to protect the surface and blocking any water which might travel from the sink to the below cabinets. Let the caulk dry a little.
3. Install a faucet-
When your caulk gets semi-dry, push your faucet into the hole and remove the excess caulk, which will be oozing out on the sides. Use the nut and screw it through the edges of the hole to keep the faucet in place. Use a wrench to tighten the nuts and then apply a layer of caulk on the nuts to keep them fixed in place.